Help mitigate infection, inflammation, and pain, as well as improving your circulation.*
Chinese Herbs and COVID-19
Suggested Use: Take 1 sachet each time, 1-2 times per day. Dissolve with hot water.
Ingredients: Lonicerae Japonicae Flos, Scutellariae Radix, Paeoniae Alba Radix, Cinnamomi Ramulus, Eriobotryae Folium, Puerariae Lobatae Radix, Phragmitis Rhizoma, Zingiberis Recens Rhizoma, Glycyrrhizae Radix et Rhizoma,
Modern studies have shown that Lonicerae Japonicae Flos , Scutellariae Radix [2,3], Paeoniae Alba Radix, Cinnamomi Ramulus [4,5], Eriobotryae Folium , Puerariae Lobatae Radix , Paeoniae Alba Radix  have anti-viral activities; most of them have anti-inflammatory activities [1-4,9,10]. Eriobotryae Folium has Bronchodilator effects , antitussive and expectorant properties [11,12]. Paeoniae Alba Radix has vasodilator effect .
1. Li Y, et al. Lonicerae Japonicae Flos and Lonicerae Flos: A Systematic Pharmacology Review. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2015;2015:905063.
2. Shi HF, et al. Baicalin From Scutellaria Baicalensis Blocks Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) Infection and Reduces Inflammatory Cell Infiltration and Lung Injury in Mice. Sci Rep, 2016, 6, 35851
3. Wang ZL, et al. A comprehensive review on phytochemistry, pharmacology, and flavonoid biosynthesis of Scutellaria baicalensis. Pharm Biol. 2018, 56(1):465-484.
4. Liu J, et al. The traditional uses, phytochemistry, pharmacology and toxicology of Cinnamomi ramulus: a review. J Pharm Pharmacol, 2020,72 (3), 319-342
5. Zhou J, et al. Comparison of Different Methods for Extraction of Cinnamomi Ramulus: Yield, Chemical Composition and in Vitro Antiviral Activities. Nat Prod Res, 2017, 31 (24), 2909-2913
6. Tommasi ND, et al. Constituents of Eriobotrya japonica. A Study of Their Antiviral Properties. J Nat Prod, 1992, 55 (8), 1067-73
7. Lin TJ, et al. Water extract of Pueraria lobata Ohwi has anti-viral activity against human respiratory syncytial virus in human respiratory tract cell lines. Kaohsiung J Med Sci. 2013, 29 (12):651-7.
8. Zhang T, et al. Anti-influenza virus phytochemicals from Radix Paeoniae Alba and characterization of their neuraminidase inhibitory activities. J Ethnopharmacol. 2020, 17;253:112671.
9. He DY and Dai SM. Anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory effects of paeonia lactiflora pall. a traditional chinese herbal medicine. Front Pharmacol. 2011, 25 (2):10.
10. Zhang L and Wei W. Anti-inflammatory and immunoregulatory effects of paeoniflorin and total glucosides of paeony. Pharmacol Ther. 2020, 207:107452.
11. Gao J, et al. Study on the Mechanisms of the Bronchodilator Effects of Folium Eriobotryae and the Selected Active Ingredient on Isolated Guinea Pig Tracheal Strips. Pharm Biol, 2016, 54 (11), 2742-2752
12. Wu YX, et al. Antitussive and expectorant properties of growing and fallen leaves of loquat (Eriobotrya japonica). Revista Brasileira de Farmacognosia. 2018, 28 (2), 239-242
13. Zhang Z, et al. Radix Puerariae: an overview of its chemistry, pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, and clinical use. J Clin Pharmacol. 2013, 53(8):787-811.