Lycopene Triple Complex
Anti-oxidant; Improving cardiovascular and prostate function.*
Suggested Use: Take 1-2 capsules daily.
Main Ingredients: Lycopene (from LycoRed), saw palmetto fruit and pumpkin seed.
About the ingredients:
Lycopene is a well-known antioxidant. Lycored lycopene is extracted from natural red, ripe tomatoes. Studies have shown that the ingredients in this product can aid in maintenance of a healthy prostate.
According to the NIH website, 14 million men in the US had lower urinary tract symptoms suggestive of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). The occurrence and symptoms increase with age. BPH affects about 50% of men between the ages of 51~ 60 and up to 90% of men older than 80 .
Lycopene is a red carotenoid found in fruits and vegetables such as tomatoes and watermelons. It is a strong anti-oxidant that can remove harmful free radicals and improve cardiovascular and prostate function. Its ability to protect important cellular macromolecules, such as proteins, DNA and lipids make it able to improve the body's immunity, inhibit proliferation of cancer cells, reduce DNA damage, and thereby reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases and tumors such as prostate cancer *2,3. Lycopene has been widely used as a dietary supplement, due to our body’s inability to synthesize it.
Currently, the lycopene available in the market is either extracted from tomatoes or fermented using microbial, or it is chemically synthesized. Therefore, the price of lycopene varies widely.
Lycopene is a mixture of several isomers. When the tomato is heated at high temperatures, the isomer that is easily absorbed by the body is produced more. Lycopene’s structure is very unstable and can be easily destroyed by light, acid, air and temperature.
The lycopene used for Lycopene Triple Complex comes from the world-famous brand LycoRed of Israel, which is scientifically extracted from high-quality tomatoes. In order to increase the stability of lycopene, alginate is added as a stabilizing and release-control matrix, to prevent lycopene from being destroyed during transportation and storage and to increase absorption and bioavailability of lycopene in the small intestine.
The product mixes lycopene with extracts of saw palmetto fruits and pumpkin seeds. All three have an effect on improving prostate function and are widely used in North America as dietary supplements to protect the prostate. Saw palmetto fruit and pumpkin seeds are rich in fatty acids and phytosterols that are needed by the human body. The fatty acids have been reported for their hormone regulatory and anti-inflammatory effects *4. Studies have found that cardiovascular blockage and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) are related to inflammation and hormone imbalance *4-7. Therefore, the triple complex greatly enhances the strength of functional improvement of the cardiovascular and prostate and benefice to BPH and prostate cancer patients.
2. Increased dietary and circulating lycopene are associated with reduced prostate cancer risk: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. 20(4):361-377, 2017
3. Lycopene and Vascular Health. Front. Pharmacol., 23 May 2018 https://doi.org/10.3389/fphar.2018.00521
4. Isolation and pharmacological characterization of fatty acids from saw palmetto extract. Anal Sci. 25(4):553-7, 2009
5. Use of saw palmetto (Serenoa repens) extract for benign prostatic hyperplasia. Food Sci Biotechnol. 2019 Apr 17;28(6):1599-1606
6. Pharmacological effects of saw palmetto extract in the lower urinary tract. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 30(3):227-81.2009
7. The Effect of Pumpkin (Cucurbita Pepo L) Seeds and L-Arginine Supplementation on Serum Lipid Concentrations in Atherogenic Rats. Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med. 2012; 9(1): 131–137.