This Product contains Muira Puama, Tongkat Ali, Epimedium aiming for sexual function improvement.
Male booster is formulated by integrating the natural essence of East and West. It is mainly made to help men improve sexual function and circulation. The ingredients are dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), L-arginine (L-Arginine), Epimedium grandiflorum (Epimedium grandiflorum), Tongkat Ali extract (Eurycoma Longifolia), Ptychopetalum olacoides (Ptychopetalum olacoides), Maca extract (Lepidium meyenii), and Yohimbe extract (Pausinystalia johimbe),
DHEA is a precursor of the natural sex hormones in the human body. It decreases with aging. Low level of DHEA has been associated with age-related involuntary changes. Pharmacological and clinical study revealed that DHEA can exert an immunomodulatory action, improve physical and psychological well-being, muscle strength and bone density, reduces body fat and age-related skin atrophy. In adrenal insufficiency, DHEA restores androstenedione level and sexual satisfaction.1
l-arginine, being a natural precursor of nitric oxide, is one of the more commonly used adjuvants to regular medicines in the treatment of erectile dysfunction.2
Epimedium is a kidney-tonifying Chinese herb that was first recorded in Shennong’s Materia Medica 2000 years ago. It has been used as the most common herb for male sexual dysfunction. Modern pharmacological studies have shown that the Epimedium extract can intervene in hypothalamic-pituitary-testicular axis and improve sexual function, restore low levels of both testosterone and thyroid hormone, bring low levels back to their normal levels. It also has vasodilatation effect and can increase muscle mass.3-5
Tongkat Ali mainly grows in Southeast Asian countries. Its root, known as Malaysian Ginseng and Natural Viagra, has the effect of improving male sexual dysfunction. Pharmacological studies showed that Tongkat Ali increases the number of times and duration of sexual performance with significantly increased testosterone levels in animals.5,6-8
Muira Puama (Ptychopetalum olacoides), also known as Marapuama, is a shrub growth in Brazil. It is the best known Amazonian folk medicine and used as an aphrodisiac and nerve tonic. It acts as a nerve stimulant to heighten receptiveness to sexual stimuli as well as physical sensation of sex, increases libido and penile hardness. Pharmacological studies revealed that this plant extract possesses anticholinesterase activity, which reveal the mechanism of its “nerve tonic” function and evidence for its application for Alzheimer diseases as a cognitive enhancer.5,9-11
Maca is a peculiar plant in South America. Its fruit is rich in nutrients and has the reputation of "South American Ginseng". It is well known for anti-fatigue and improving sexual function, therefore, it is employed to increase strength, libido and sexual function. Its effects have been proved with pharmacological studies.5
Yohimbe bark is well-known in West Africa. It has been used as an aphrodisiac since ancient times because it can improve sexual function and relieve erectile dysfunction. It is the only herb listed in the Physician’s Index Reference as supporting sexual function. Clinical study has proved Yohimbine treatment of organic erectile dysfunction is effective. Its main ingredients can block α-2 adrenergic receptors, which play an important role in inhibiting erection.5,12,13
All of the above extracts have potency of improving sexual functions, but the ingredients contained in each herb are different and the mechanism of their action are different, therefore, they can synergetically exert their sexual functional improvement from different aspects at the same time.
1. Rutkowski K, et al. Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA): Hypes and Hopes. Drugs. 2014; 74(11):1195-1207
2. Koolwal A. et al. L-arginine and Erectile Dysfunction. Journal of Psychosexual Health 2019; 1 (1), 37-43
3. Ulbricht C. An Evidence-Based Systematic Review of Yin Yang Huo (Epimedium spp.) by the Natural Standard Research Collaboration. Journal of Dietary Supplements 2016;13(2):136-64.
4. Zhang D.F. et al. Epimedium herb extract intervening in hypothalamicpituitary-testicular axis of male rats in delayed puberty caused by diet-induced obesity. Journal of Medicinal Plants Research. 2011. 5(3), 364-370
5. Lim, HC, et al. Asian herbals and aphrodisiacs used for managing ED. Transl Androl Urol. 2017; 6(2): 167–175.
6. Ang. HH. Evaluation of the potency activity of aphrodisiac in Eurycoma longifolia Jack. Phytotherapy Research, 2001;15(5), 435–436.
7. W. G. Goreja, Tongkat Ali: The Tree That Cures a Hundred Diseases, Amazing Herbs Press, New York, NY, USA, 2004.
8. Rehman SU, et al. Review on a Traditional Herbal Medicine, Eurycoma longifolia Jack (Tongkat Ali): Its Traditional Uses, Chemistry, Evidence-Based Pharmacology and Toxicology. Molecules 2016 Mar; 21(3): 331.
9. Piato AL, et al. Effects of Marapuama in the chronic mild stress model: further indication of antidepressant properties. J Ethnopharmacol. 2008;23:118(2):300-4.
10. Figueiró M, et al. Acetylcholinesterase inhibition in cognition-relevant brain areas of mice treated with a nootropic Amazonian herbal (Marapuama). Phytomedicine. 2010;17(12):956-62.
11. Siqueira IR, et al. Ptychopetalum olacoides, a traditional Amazonian "nerve tonic", possesses anticholinesterase activity. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2003. 75(3):645-50.
12. Spark RF, et al. Yohimbine treatment of organic erectile dysfunction in a dose-escalation trial International Journal of Impotence Research (2002) 14, 25–31
13. Liu HB, et al. Mechanism of Selective Inhibition of Yohimbine and Its Derivatives in Adrenoceptor α2 Subtypes. Journal of Chemistry, 2013, Article ID 783058 Bioactive Natural Products. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/783058