Ener-Qi Booster - Enhance Energy, Support immunity, balance hormone
Improve functions of immune, circulatory, hormone, and hematopoietic systems. Promoting bone density.
Suggested Use: Take 2 capsules each time, twice per day. Or ask a health professional for recommendations.
This capsule is made based on a classical Chinese herbal formula Danggui Buxue Tang (DBT, Chinese Angelica - Blood Supplementing Decoction) that has been well studied for its safety and efficacy. It is well-known for its function of boosting qi and supplementing the blood. Astragalus root is the most commonly used herb for boosting qi (source of energy), and Chinese Angelica is the best-known Chinese herb for supplementing the blood.*
Qi and blood are the two most vital substances for life. Since the characteristic symptom of qi deficiency is fatigue, Western medicine explain qi as “energy”. Modern studies have revealed that the functions of qi cover the function or neuro-endo-immune network. One becomes sick when her/his qi and blood are deficient. When qi is deficient, one’s immune system becomes weak, making it easier to be attacked by the exogenous pathogens and get sick. Long term qi deficiency will lead to blood deficiency. In another words, blood deficiency goes hand in hand with qi deficiency. In addition to fatigue, other symptoms that may accompany it are blood deficiency, anemia, pale complexion, poor sleep, poor memory, dry skin, hair loss, or oligomenorrhea and so on.
Ener-Qi Booster is made based on a classical Chinese formula, Danggui Buxue Tang (DBT) originated 800 years ago. It is composed of two most popular and safe Chinese herbs, Astragali Radix, the most famous qi-supplementing herb, and Angelicae Sinensis Radix, the most well-known blood-nourishing herb.
As one of the safest and effective Chinese formulas, DBT has been widely studied for its pharmacological activities, including functional improvement of immune, circulatory, hematopoietic, hormone, and nervous systems (references are given below)
Please read the reference papers of Danggui Buxue Tang (DBT) by clicking the titles below:
1. Papers about the formulation, chemistry, and bioactivities
- Verification of the formulation and efficacy of Danggui Buxue Tang (a decoction of Radix Astragali and Radix Angelicae Sinensis): an exemplifying systematic approach to revealing the complexity of Chinese herbal medicine formulae. Chin Med. 2007; 2: 12.
- Chemical and biological assessment of a Chinese herbal decoction containing Radix Astragali and Radix Angelicae Sinensis: Determination of drug ratio in having optimized properties J. Agric Food Chem. 2006;54(7):2767-74.
- Ferulic acid enhances the chemical and biological properties of astragali radix: a stimulator for danggui buxue tang, an ancient Chinese herbal decoction. Planta Med. 2014;80(2-3):159-64
- The membrane permeability of Astragali Radix-derived formononetin and calycosin is increased by Angelicae Sinensis Radix in Caco-2 cells: a synergistic action of an ancient herbal decoction Danggui Buxue Tang. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2012;70:671-9.
2. Papers about effects on hematopoietic function
- A network pharmacology approach to investigate the blood enriching mechanism of Danggui buxue Decoction. J Ethnopharmacol. 2019;235:227-242.
- Effect of Danggui Buxue Tang on Erythropoiesis in Acute Chemotherapy Injured Mice. International Journal of Pharmacology. 2017;13 (6): 583-592
- Efficacy and safety of Danggui Buxue Decoction in combination with western medicine treatment of anemia for renal anemia: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Ann Transl Med. 2017; 5(6): 136.
- Effects of Dang-Gui-Bu-Xue-Tang, an herbal decoction, on iron uptake in iron-deficient anemia. Drug Des Devel Ther. 2016; 10: 949–957.
3. Papers about effects on cardiovascular function and brain damage
- Danggui Buxue Tang, Chinese Herbal Decoction Containing Astragali Radix and Angelicae Sinensis Radix, Induces Production of Nitric Oxide in Endothelial Cells: Signaling Mediated by Phosphorylation of Endothelial Nitric Oxide Synthase. Planta Med. 2016 Mar;82(5):418-23
- Danggui Buxue Tang, a Chinese Herbal Decoction Containing Astragali Radix and Angelicae Sinensis Radix, Modulates Mitochondrial Bioenergetics in Cultured Cardiomyoblasts. Front. Pharmacol. 21 June 2019 | https://doi.org/10.3389/fphar.2019.00614
- A Network Pharmacology Analysis to Explore the Effect of Astragali Radix-Radix Angelica Sinensis on Traumatic Brain Injury. BioMed Research International. Volume 2018, Article ID 3951783, 13 pages.
4. Papers about effects on uterus and menopause
- Danggui Buxue Tang (Astragali Radix and Angelicae Sinensis Radix) for menopausal symptoms: A review. J Ethnopharmacol. 2017;199:205-210
- A randomized, double-blind, multiple-dose escalation study of a Chinese herbal medicine preparation (Dang Gui Buxue Tang) for moderate to severe menopausal symptoms and quality of life in postmenopausal women. Menopause. 2013; 20(2), 223-231
- Functions of Danggui Buxue Tang, a Chinese Herbal Decoction Containing Astragali Radix and Angelicae Sinensis Radix, in Uterus and Liver are Both Estrogen Receptor-Dependent and -Independent. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2014;2014:438531.
5. Papers about effects on bone
- Bone Protective Effects of Danggui Buxue Tang Alone and in Combination With Tamoxifen or Raloxifene in vivo and in vitro. Front. Pharmacol., 13 August 2018. https://doi.org/10.3389/fphar.2018.00779
- A Chinese Herbal Decoction, Danggui Buxue Tang, Stimulates Proliferation, Differentiation and Gene Expression of Cultured Osteosarcoma Cells: Genomic Approach to Reveal Specific Gene Activation. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2011; 2011: 307548.
- A comparative study on the effect of promoting the osteogenic function of osteoblasts using isoflavones from Radix Astragalus. Phytother Res. 2018;32(1):115-124.
6. Papers about effects on immune function and brain nerve cell
- A Chinese herbal decoction, Danggui Buxue Tang, prepared from Radix Astragali and Radix Angelicae Sinensis stimulates the immune responses. Planta Med. 2006;72(13):1227-1231.
- Danggui Buxue Tang, a simple Chinese formula containing Astragali Radix and Angelicae Sinensis Radix, stimulates the expressions of neurotrophic factors in cultured SH-SY5Y cells. Chin Med. 2017 22;12:24.
- Danggui Buxue Tang, an ancient Chinese herbal decoction, protects β-amyloid-induced cell death in cultured cortical neurons. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2019 Jan 8;19(1):9.
7. Papers about other effects
- Danggui Buxue Tang Inhibits 2,4-Dinitrochlorobenzene: Induced Atopic Dermatitis in Mice Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2015; 2015: 672891.
- Total Glucosides of Danggui Buxue Tang Attenuate BLM-Induced Pulmonary Fibrosis via Regulating Oxidative Stress by Inhibiting NOX4. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity. 2015, Article ID 645814, 10 pages http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2015/645814
- Traditional Chinese medicine Danggui Buxue Tang inhibits colorectal cancer growth through induction of autophagic cell death. Oncotarget. 2017 24; 8(51): 88563–88574.
- Evaluating the Bone Tissue Regeneration Capability of the Chinese Herbal Decoction Danggui Buxue Tang from a Molecular Biology Perspective. BioMed Research International. Volume 2014, Article ID 853234, 10 pages. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/853234
- A Chinese Herbal Decoction, Dang Gui Bu Xue Tang, Prepared from Radix Astragali and Radix Angelicae sinensis, Ameliorates Insulin Resistance Induced by A High-Fructose Diet in Rats. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2011;2011:248231.
- Enhance energy*
- Maintain the cell function of nerve, immune, and blood systems*
- This product does not contain allergens such as gluten, egg, wheat, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, or soybeans.
- This product does not contain added sugar or artificial flavors.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA.
* This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, care, or prevent any disease.